Infrared photography has become one of the significant artistic expressions for me. Modern digital cameras are equipped with UV/IR cut filter inside of the camera body. Contrarily, older generation of digital cameras or my camera do not have the UV/IR cut filter. The IR is actually an enemy since it causes wired color cast. So I have to attach IR cut filter in front of the lenses. However, by switching the UV/IR cut filter to an IR FILTER, my camera turns to an infrared camera. Some other ways to achieve infrared photography are:
- Modifying DSLR to remove the UV/IR cut filter from the camera.
- Some of Pentax DSLR achieve the IR images electronically.
- Using IR films, Freestyle Photographic Supplies carry the IR films.
This is the shot I took in Kananaskis, Alberta. You see very black sky and white clouds. Most characteristically, the forests on the lake shore turns white. It would be dark with regular B&W.
- Collective Winter Show at Resolution Art Gallery in Calgary
- Nature photography – Luck and patient (1)
- Nature Photography – Luck and patient(2)